Harrogate, 17 April 2023
Call for Papers
Mental Health in ELT
We will be exploring ideas related to all areas of Mental Health in Language Teaching organizations and welcome proposals on themes including, but not limited to the following issues:
- How can we talk about mental health in LTOs?
- How can we ensure that the mental health of staff and students is a priority?
- How can research on this theme lead to better practices?
- How can we develop progressive institutional policies to protect and support staff and students?
- How can we cater for our diverse and rapidly-changing contexts?
The joint Pre-Conference Event (PCE) between the Inclusive Practices and Special Educational Needs SIG (IP&SEN SIG) & Leadership and Management SIG (LAMSIG) aims to focus on and explore policies, research, case studies and best practices surrounding mental health in LTOs. We welcome contributions which provide critical perspectives and creative approaches to the theme of mental health in LTOs involving both learner and staff cohorts.
The theme of the PCE poses questions that have just recently been brought to the fore in EFL. We aim to bring together a range of educators, materials writers and policy makers to share expertise and good practice
The event will be delivered in hybrid mode. We are looking for 45-minute sessions (35-minute talk and 10 min Q&A) in the form of either interactive talks or workshops on the topic of mental health in ELT. Presenters will also be asked to be available for discussion slots at the end of the morning and afternoon presentations.
Sharing your information:
- By submitting a speaker proposal for this joint PCE, you are agreeing to share your Name and Email address with the IP&SENSIG and LAMSIG Committees
- If selected to present at the PCE, these details will be in the programme, on the SIG websites and on social media.
With best wishes
IATEFL IP&SENSIG and LAMSIG Committees