Why Book Club?
- To help you learn something new
- To spend an hour in the company of other ELT professionals who are committed to creating a truly inclusive classroom
- To meet the author of a groundbreaking book
- To help you broaden your network, your experience and, who knows, maybe even your mind
So far we have discussed:
- “Psychology in Practice” by Sarah Mercer
- “How To write Inclusive Materials” by Tyson Seburn
- “Critical Thinking in ELT: A working model for the classroom” by John Hughes and Paul Dummett
- “Language and Sexuality” by Deborah Cameron
- “Invisible Women: Data Bias in a World Designed for Men” by Caroline Criado Perez
Upcoming Book Clubs
March 14th, 3.30p.m. CET
We’re excited to share that we’ll be joined by the author for our next book club about Antisocial Language Teaching: English and the Pervasive Pathology of Whiteness, by JPB Gerald.
Dr. JPB Gerald is an educator and theorist with a day job in non-profit education management and a side hustle trying to dismantle these systems we’re all in. He writes and speaks about the intersection between racism, language education, and ability, and lives on unceded Munsee Lenape territory (aka NYC) with his wife, toddler, and dog
Join us for an hour of informal discussion of the book and questions it raises. The event is free and open to both members and non-members.
We hope to see you there.