Why Book Club?
- To help you earn something new
- To spend an hour in the company of other ELT professionals who are committed to creating a truly inclusive classroom
- To meet the author of a groundbreaking book
- To help you broaden your network, your experience and, who knows, maybe even your mind
So far we have discussed:
- “Language and Sexuality” (CUP) by Deborah Cameron, 16th October 2021
Upcoming Book Clubs
Our next book club will be devoted to “Invisible Women: Data Bias in
a World Designed for Men” by Caroline Criado Perez who is a best-selling and award-winning writer, broadcaster and award-winning feminist campaigner.
Caroline was the 2013 recipient of the Liberty Human Rights Campaigner of the Year award, and was named OBE in the Queen’s Birthday Honours 2015.
In 2020 she was the recipient of Finland’s HÄN award for promoting equality, and in 2021 she received an honourary doctorate from the University of Lincoln.
If you want to know more about Caroline and the book we are going to discuss go to: https://carolinecriadoperez.com/.