We are looking for an active volunteer to join us in the following role:
- website manager (find out about the role here)
This role could be carried out by two joint post-holders, too.
If you would like to find out more about what is involved, please get in touch by email at [email protected] and tell us where your interests lie – all expressions of interest are very welcome. You can download the nomination form here.
In order to apply for a post on the committee, you need to:
a) be a current member of IATEFL IPSENSIG, and have been so for at least the past six months;
b) be proposed and seconded by other members of IATEFL;
c) sign the nomination form and provide your IATEFL membership number
d) provide a personal statement of between 150 to 250 words explaining your reasons for standing, what you hope to achieve and contribute in the position you are applying for, and why you think you should be chosen.
All nomination forms should be sent (with a passport-type photo) IATEFL Head Office at [email protected], or by post to IATEFL 2-3 The Foundry, Seager Road, Faversham, ME13 7FD, UK.
In the case of more than one candidate for the position, elections will take place through online voting administered by IATEFL.
All IP&SEN SIG committee members are volunteers and give freely of their time to organise and manage events and publications for our members. At our events we sometimes need extra hands to help organise things. If you’d like to go on our register of potential volunteers, please write to the Events Coordinator to express your interest. We are also always interested to hear your ideas for future activities.
Introducing the IP&SEN Mentor Scheme
We are proud to present our mentor scheme, open for all SIG members and also to participants of our pre-conference event, so tell your friends!
- Send us a brief description of your situation/needs and we’ll put you directly in touch with a suitable mentor who can offer advice and suggestions.
- Please remember your mentor is a real person – with a job and commitments – so he or she will not always be able to get back to you immediately, but they will be there to support you whenever they can.
- Of course every situation and student with SEND is different, so your mentor will not be able to make a formal assessment or offer “one size fits all” solutions.
- However, mentors WILL be there to suggest tips, resources, books, to help you find the necessary local specialists to help you, to role play difficult conversations with you. Basically – WE’LL BE THERE FOR YOU.
If you would like the support of a mentor – or if you would like to offer to be a mentor – then please contact us at [email protected].